Tuesday, February 7, 2012

This weekend was awesome. The New York Giants won the Superbowl. It was a great game. Excellent defense by both teams and superb offense by the Giants. I was at a Superbowl party and we all had on Giants T-shirts. The pictures we took all together where amazing. You will definitely see them on Facebook. I absolutely love hanging out with family and friends. That made the weekend all the more better.

Vocabulary
1. Awesome - very impressive
2. Great - very well
3. Excellent - a fine job; well played
4. Superb - extremely good
5. Amazing -  sudden surprise
6. Absolutely - positive, certain

SuperKids Word Scrambler

  Scramble Answer
1 eoswAme  
2 atGre  
3 clxnetlEe  
4 Anzmiga  
5 erbpuS  
6 sytelbuo lA  

Grammer point 
Adverbs are words that modify. Adverbs often function as intensifiers, conveying a greater or lesser emphasis to something.


Fill in the adjectives that you would use. (Activity)
1. I had a ____________ day.
2. The moon was _____________ tonight.
3. The tailor did an _____________ job with my clothes.
4. My little sister was ___________ in her play last week.
5. I saw an ____________ picture at the museum today.

1 comment:

  1. You are off to a fine start. I like the word scramble, and having one letter capitalized is helpful so that the students know the beginning letter.

    ReplyDelete