Monday, May 7, 2012


Prayer is our way of talking to God. Prayer to a god or gods is a feature of many religions, but here we will focus on the biblical teaching about prayer and some of its implications. A classic definition of Christian prayer is “an offering up of our desires to God, for things agreeable to his will, in the name of Christ, with confession of our sins, and thankful acknowledgment of his mercies” (Westminster Shorter Catechism). Basically, in prayer we can talk to God and He, in turn, can talk to us. Through prayer, we discover the will of God.  Prayer should be a vital part of every Christian’s life.

 Vocabulary
  1.     Prayer – a request to God
  2.     Religion – ones belief 
  3.     Offering – contribution
  4.     Desire – a want 
  5.     Acknowledgement – recognize
  6.     Confession -  admission
  7.     Mercies – compassion 
  8.     Discover – find out
  9.     Implication – a suggestion
 10.  Vital – crucial 

  Vocabulary Activity
                          C      A     G       I      X     K     R      C      F      F      A      L     K      L


U  C  F  J  Z  T  I  E  K  P  A  Y  V  V

V  K  T  G  C  X  M  K  V  T  D  K  Z  P

X  N  T  A  I  O  P  Y  I  O  F  N  P  Y

N  O  Y  F  M  H  N  V  Q  C  C  R  T  C

H  W  O  U  P  G  N  F  B  T  A  S  O  V

D  L  E  F  L  E  U  M  E  Y  V  F  I  Y

E  E  M  E  I  G  Z  Z  E  S  F  X  U  D

S  D  E  I  C  G  V  R  J  E  S  T  J  F

I  G  R  K  A  N  U  G  R  O  X  I  I  C

R  M  C  P  T  N  G  I  X  L  L  Y  O  V

E  E  I  G  I  Z  N  I  H  H  M  D  A  N

Y  N  E  W  O  G  P  F  P  G  B  Y  Y  E

X  T  S  G  N  R  E  L  I  G  I  O  N  P


acknowledgmentmercies
confessionoffering
desirePrayer
discoverreligion
implicationvital
Grammar Point  - Simple Past ( be )
Simple Past of be to talk about people, things, or situations that existed in the past. 
Using the past time expression with WAS/WERE
Complete the each sentence. Use was/wasn't or were/weren't to make true statements.
1. I ___wasn't__ at home last night. 
2. My friends ____________ in school yesterday.
3. My best friend __________ in New York three days ago.
4. I ___________ happy about the grades on my last test.
5. Our teacher  __________ in class the day before yesterday.
6. The movie Casablanca _________ on TV last night. 




   





No comments:

Post a Comment