Monday, May 7, 2012




Softball season started up this weekend. I love this time of year. There's a distinct smell in the air. If I did not know the day of the year it was, then just by the smell in the air, I could tell you what month I was in. Everything has its unique scent. The bats smell like pine tar, the gloves smell like oil, and the uniforms smell like the dirt in the infield. I almost forgot the smelly cleats. I was really excited to get back out on the field and to get up at bat. I hit well. I got on base 3 times and I got an R.B.I.I play third base fir my team. We had a double header and we won them both. My team is called Unique. They are a great group of guys and some of them I've known since high school. I can't wait until next week.

Vocabulary

1, Distinct -   separate
2, Unique – by itself
3, Scent – smell
4, R.B.I – Runs Batted In
5, Double -  twice
6, Softball – sport similar to baseball, played with a bat, a ball, and a glove.
7, Uniform – apparel worn during the game

Vocabulary Activity 
Create a sentence or a question using each vocabulary word. Use the blog to assist you.

Grammar Point – Imperatives
A type of sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request or command. 
Giving commands activity
Read the commands and the situations. Match each situation to the appropriate command. In some cases more than one answer may be possible.

Commands
Situations


_g_1. Keep the change.
a.    Police officer to driver
___2. Follow me, please.
b.    Teacher to student
___3. Jack, you clean your room.
c.    Customs officer to tourist
___4. Don’t be late
d.    Librarian to students
___5. Please be quiet.
e.    Tour guide to tourist
___6. Do your homework.
f.     Boss to employee
___7. Do not park here.
g.    Customer to taxi driver
___8. Show me you passport.
h.    Father to son




No comments:

Post a Comment